Saturday, June 19, 2010

Life Lesson #172 and more dead elephants


I recently heard the quote, "Life is like a cigarette, smoke it to the butt." This is my new found motto. Life is too short to live it anyway but, the way you want it, to the end. I know what your thinking Bleaders, "what happened to funny blogging girl?" don't worry, she will shortly return.
Most of us in the world are filling expectations of other people, and forget their ultimate dreams. This is because the expectations, most of the time, are more accessible than what we want for ourselves. Remember when I talked about the man? Well, the man is also other peoples expectations, and I will no longer let the man tell me what to be. I will obtain my own goals, and change according to only me, on my own time line.
This was all brought to my attention this past week, when I was faced with one of the most painful situations in my life. The hurt from this event will haunt me for months to come.
But, it was worth it. I learned who my true friends are and I learned a lot about myself.
All I have to say is, live being who YOU want to be.

Moving on, B, Shane, Vanessa and I went to the zoo. I am a morning person but we got up even too early for me! And the only reason I would consider getting up to go to the zoo again is a chance to see my good old elephant friend Reba traipsing about in an actively entertaining manner. It was 9 in the morning, already well over 100% fahrenheit, and I felt as though my skin was literally melting off my bones. Of course as tour guide B finally led us to Gods best creation on this planet, there was poor Reba, lying in the shade, eyes closed, and cursing Arizona heat just as I was. I suggested we get a slurpee, and go home.

1 comment: